Being a child of the 1970s my first encounter with programming was in the era of home computers. Those tiny machines (mine was a Laser 210) were usually fed with BASIC, which was the first programming language I learned. Later came C, Perl and a few more. During the 90s I wrote a bunch of programs for the Atari ST series. I was so proud of my TT. The first decade of my professional career was (inevitably) Java. Today it’s mostly Kotlin, C#, Dart and Swift.
- A talk about Kotlin/Native (presented in German)
- In the series From Swing to Compose Desktop I show you how to transform a Java Swing-app to Compose for Desktop
- Some reflections on functions and for ever young are nostalgic trips into the past of programming. I take a look at how loops, functions and subroutines were used in the BASIC programming language.
- Cartographing Jetpack Compose： compiler and runtime, May 09 2021 in articles
- The new GameManager class in Android 12, May 02 2021 in articles
- Managing lights in Android 12, Apr 27 2021 in articles
- Implementing a number pad in Jetpack Compose, Apr 24 2021 in articles
- Modern Android development using Kotlin, Apr 22 2021 in talks
- Splash screens in Android 12, Apr 13 2021 in articles
I maintain a list of all activities available on this site.