Being a child of the 1970s my first encounter with programming was in the era of home computers. Those tiny machines (mine was a Laser 210) were usually fed with BASIC, which was the first programming language I learned. Later came C, Perl and a few more. During the 90s I wrote a bunch of programs for the Atari ST series. I was so proud of my TT. The first decade of my professional career was (inevitably) Java. Today it’s mostly Kotlin, C#, Dart and Swift.
- A talk about Kotlin/Native (presented in German)
- In the series From Swing to Compose Desktop I show you how to transform a Java Swing-app to Compose for Desktop
- Some reflections on functions and for ever young are nostalgic trips into the past of programming. I take a look at how loops, functions and subroutines were used in the BASIC programming language.
- A peek inside Jetpack Core Splashscreen, Jul 17 2021 in articles
- Creating a retro-style game with Jetpack Compose： level completed, Jul 08 2021 in articles
- Creating a retro-style game with Jetpack Compose： movement, Jul 01 2021 in articles
- Creating a retro-style game with Jetpack Compose： Introduction, Jun 26 2021 in articles
- Article about Jetpack Compose in iX 7/2021, Jun 24 2021 in articles
- Carthographing Jetpack Compose： text, Jun 19 2021 in articles
I maintain a list of all activities available on this site.